Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 1 July 2019
Present: Cllrs Dack, Wales and Webb
In attendance: Mrs G Foster (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: 2 members of the public were present.
- Councillors Harwood (Chairman) and Curtis had sent their apologies.
- Proposed Cllr Wales, Seconded Cllr Dack, RESOLVED unanimously Cllr Webb act as Chairman for the meeting.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 17 June 2019
- The minutes of the meeting held on 17 June 2019 had been circulated with the agenda.
- Proposed Cllr Wales, Seconded Cllr Webb, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 17 June 2019 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
- Application (19/01453/TREES | T1 Cherry – Fell to ground) which had been objected to on the grounds of a lack of information, had been accepted by TVBC. The tree officer had sent an explanation of how applications are considered. This had been forwarded to the planning committee.
- Councillor Wales had prepared a description of the Parish Council’s Tree Warden’s duties, and this would be forwarded to TVBC for their comments. Action: Clerk.
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
- None declared.
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 19/01488/FULLS | Single storey front extension to form lobby/porch | 40 Eldon Road – no objection
- 19/01555/FULLS | New access to existing garage | Wisteria House Romsey road – Objection on grounds of TPO.
- 19/01407/FULLS | Demolition of brick wall, and landscaping of bank (application to regularise works) | The Old Vicarage Old Vicarage Lane – Information required regarding the listed status of the wall. – Extension requested.
- Report on Recent Planning Application decisions by TVBC
- 19/01061/FULLS – Planning Application Single storey rear extension, following demolition of existing conservatory, convert garage, and replace garage roof with pitched – 5 Furzedown Cottages Furzedown Road – permission
- 19/01275/TPOS | T1 Ash – Fell | Briar Cottage Winchester Road – consent
- Clerk’s and Councillors’ Report
- Cllr Harwood had attended the southern area planning meeting which discussed the Forest Extra planning application 18/01719/FULLS for: Change of use of land and buildings from sui generis (agricultural buildings) to B1 (light industry and offices) and B8 (storage). It had been rejected on road safety and inadequate infrastructure grounds and on the problems of enforcement and the vehicle number calculations. The committee will be installing passing places at locations suggested by the Parish Council including the Ashley straight.
- Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 15 July 2019 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the acting Chairman closed the meeting at 7.55pm