KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 9 April 2018
Present: Cllr Lane (Acting Chairman), Cllrs Brock (ex-officio) and Townsend
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: Eight members of the public were present who expressed views both for and against the application to develop land adjacent to 5 Riverside Green. Additionally, a number of written objections had also been received to this application. The Clerk recounted the background to this application, namely that when first submitted, councillors had expressed concern at the proposal and public objections had been lodged with TVBC following which the applicant had withdrawn the application, taken advice and resubmitted. However, public notification of the resubmission had not been received until after councillors had considered the revised application and being unaware of local views on the resubmission had seen fit to support it. Public objections had subsequently been received by councillors who then determined, see below, to reconsider their earlier support.
43.1 Cllrs Curtis, Harwood and Webb.
44. Minutes of the Meetings held on 19 March 2018
44.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 19 March 2018 had been circulated with the agenda.
44.2 Proposed Cllr Lane, Seconded Cllr Townsend, RESOLVED with Cllr Brock abstaining (not present) that the minutes of the meeting held on 19 March 2018 be accepted as a true record.
45. Matters Arising
45.1 There were no matters arising.
46. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
47. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 18/00546/FULLS – land adjacent to 5 Riverside Green – erect 2 bed dwelling – to be reconsidered as a result of numerous objections from local residents – acceptance of many of the concerns expressed by residents and acknowledgement that the applicants had acceptance the advice given by TVBC and redesigned their proposals. However, the over-riding feeling of councillors was one of concern that many of the issues relating to this application required resolution before any further meaningful support could be given or objection made.
• 18/00730/TREES – 9 Winchester Road – re-pollard Willow to previous pruning points – support.
• 18/00726/FULLS – Hawthorns, Winchester Road – create porch and convert workshop to single garage, replacement doors and windows, changes to roof, rear replacement windows and doorway – support although councillors hoped the replacements would reflect the current design.
48. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 18/00183/FULLS – Rookley Hollow, Up Somborne – front extension and garage conversion to provide enlarged entrance hall and dining room – support. Permitted.
• 18/00175/LBWS – Willow Cottage, Romsey Road – rear and side single storey extension to provide hall, boot room, utility room and downstairs shower – support. Permitted.
49. Clerk’s Report
49.1 Nothing to report.
50. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 23 April 2018 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.55pm