KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 8 January 2018
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Lane, Sutton and Webb
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: Two members of the public were present
2. Minutes of the Meetings held on 18 December 2017
2.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 18 December 2017 had been circulated with the agenda.
2.2 Proposed Cllr Sutton, Seconded Cllr Webb, RESOLVED with Cllr Curtis abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 18 December 2017 be accepted as a true record.
3. Matters Arising
3.1 There were no matters arising.
4. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
5. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 17/03041/FULLS – land adjacent to 5 Riverside Green – erect 3 bed house – councillors although supporting the house design expressed concern, with one voting against the proposal on the grounds of site overdevelopment, at the lack of clear house dimensions on the plans, the loss of access to other’s garages to the rear, the restricted carport size and the impact of a covenant believed to exist from when the land was sold restricting future development.
• 17/03211/CLPS – Somerville, Strawberry Lane – certificate of proposed lawful development for replacement conservatory to side of property – support
6. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 17/02897/TREES – 18 Riverside Green – reduce Horse Chestnut height by 2m – support. Permitted.
• 17/02727/FULLS – 1 Triangle Cottages – erection of detached garage and storeroom (amended design) – support. Permitted.
7. Clerk’s Report
7.1 Nothing to report.
8. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 22 January 2018 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm