Planning minutes 7 July 14
KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Village Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 7 July 2014
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Evans and Lane
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: One member of the public wa present.
50.1 Cllr Werrett.
51. Minutes of the Meeting held on 2 June 2014
51.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 2 June 2014 had been circulated with the agenda.
51.2 Proposed Cllr Harwood, Seconded Cllr Evans, RESOLVED with Cllr Curtis abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 2 June 2014 be accepted as a true record.
52. Matters Arising
53. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
53.1 No Interests declared or Dispensations sought.
55. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 14/01254/ADVS – Estate Office, Compton Manor estate – roadside advertising board – support
• 14/01319/FULLS – 3 Furzedown Cottages, Furzedown Road – removal of existing outbuilding and erection of a one storey and two storey rear extension – support
• 14/01439/TPOS – Woodmans Cottage, Winchester Road – fell one Sycamore – support
• 14/01444/FULLS – 2 Redhill Cottages, Winchester Road – erect one 3 bed dwelling – object on the grounds of poor access along a well-used bridleway and dirt track, poor exit onto main road, serious flood risk despite inclusion of a soakaway which would likely aggravate the flood risk lower down the incline, too close to neighbours, and lack of suitable parking for 4 cars.
56. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 14/00947/FULLS – Swallowfields, Old Palace Farm – conversion of existing garage to form kitchen and two storey side extension to form new garage and utility room with bedroom on first floor – support. Permitted.
• 14/01160/TREES – Crown Hill House, Romsey Road – remove Leylandii – support. Permitted.
57. Clerk’s Report
57.1 The Clerk reported receipt of the formal notice of intent by the Village Hall to apply for planning permission to install air source heat pumps and solar roof panels . No further action was needed at his time. He also confirmed receipt of the letter from Gladman Developments Ltd outlining their proposal for a residential development at the top end of Eldon Road which he had previously e-mailed details of to Members. It was agreed to defer discussion on this until the full Council meeting which followed.
58. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 21 July 2014 at 7.00pm in the Village Hall, Romsey Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm