KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 7 January 2019
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis and A Townsend
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: One member of the public was present
1.1 Cllr Dack; Cllr Webb not present.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 17 December 2018
2.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 17 December 2018 had been circulated with the agenda.
2.2 Proposed Cllr Curtis, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED with Cllr Townsend abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 17 December 2018 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
3.1 There were no matters arising.
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 18/03161/FULLS – Pepperwood Park, Hoplands – convert equestrian building to provide 2 staff accommodation units (part retrospective) – support
- 18/03326/TREES – 3 Old Iron foundry – Five Acer reduce height by 2m, Yew reduce and reshape by 1.5m – support
- 6. Report on Recent Planning Applications
- 18/00997/FULLS – land at Eldon Edge, Eldon Road – 3 units of temporary holiday accommodation – support. Permit.
- 18/02842/PDQS – John O’Gaunt Farm – conversion of agricultural building to single dwelling – concern at roof colour being out of keeping with the countryside environment. Refused on the grounds of bulk, massing and siting of an imposing and uncharacteristic design
- 18/03070/TREES – 4 Kings Acre – fell one Apple and reshape one Cherry – support. Permitted.
- 18/02784/TREES – 3 Austins Cross – fell one Conifer – support. Permitted.
- 7. Clerk’s Report
- 7.1 The Clerk reported that the next committee meeting would have the proposed 5 house development in Muss Lane on the agenda – 18/03347/FULLS.
- 7.2 Some changes had been made to the application to restore the former chalk quarry at How Park – HCC/2018/0232 -and the Clerk would table these for consideration at the next meeting.
- 8. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 21 January 2019 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
- There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.45pm