KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 7 December 2015
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Evans, Lane and Sutton
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
155. Minutes of the Meeting held on 16 November 2015
155.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 16 November 2015 had been circulated with the agenda.
155.2 Proposed Cllr Evans, Seconded Cllr Curtis, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 16 November 2015 be accepted as a true record.
156. Matters Arising
157. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
157.1 Cllr Evans declared an interest in the Crown Inn application for tree work as joint lease holder and abstained from the discussion.
158. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 15/02277/FULLS – land north of Riverside Green – erect detached three bed dwelling with detached garage – no problems with the house design but concern at the limited approach and impact on neighbours
• 15/02851/TREES – The Crown Inn, Romsey Road – reduce one Ash by up to 4m in height and spread – support
159. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 15/02111/FULLS – Birchwood, Cow Drove Hill – demolish sheds and erect two storey side extension to provide garage and study with bedroom and ensuite above – no objection to the proposed style but object to size as that proposed is only 472mm from hedge centre line which would be insufficient to allow building/future maintenance work to be completed without access from adjacent property and foundations of end wall will cut through hedge roots. Permitted.
• 15/02214/FULLS – Brookvale/Oaktree House, Muss Lane – change of use of land to domestic use by removing existing fence and vegetation and replace by turf/top soil and new 2M high close board fence – support. Permitted.
• 15/02403/FULLS – Carn Brae, Furzedown Road – replacement dwelling and one new dwelling with garage and parking and installation of septic tank (resubmission of 15/00941/FULLS) – previous objection upheld on the grounds of overdevelopment in a limited space with restricted driveway space. Permitted.
• 15/02415/FULLS – 3 Horsebridge Road – side porch and single storey rear extension including sub floor storage area – support but means of access not clear. Permitted.
• 15/02525/TREES – 5 Camp Field – reduce 3 Silver Birch by up to 5m and one Christmas Tree by 4m and reduce branches overhanging the road – support. Permitted.
• 15/02526/TREES – Butchers End, Winchester Road – reduce Yew crown by 30% and reshape – support. Permitted.
160. Clerk’s Report
161.1 The Clerk reported that two members of TVBC’s enforcement team were leaving which would likely have an impact on the enforcement services provided with delays in investigations and responses to planning applications but all enquiries received would continue to be investigated.
161.2 Members noted that Gladman Developments had lodged an appeal against refusal to grant permission to develop at the top end of Eldon Road and all representations were to be received by the Planning Inspectorate by 11 January 2016.
161.3 Sovereign Housing had applied to vary the Sopwith Close S106 agreement to allow a mortgage in possession clause to be added and members saw no reason to object.
162. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 21 December 2015 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.55pm