KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 4 March 2019
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, A Townsend and Webb
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Mrs G Foster (Clerk designate)
Public Session: No members of the public were present
33.1 Cllr Dack.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 18 February 2019
34.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 18 February 2019 had been circulated with the agenda.
34.2 Proposed Cllr Harwood, Seconded Cllr A Townsend, RESOLVED with Cllrs Curtis and Webb abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 18 February 2019 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
35.1 There were no matters arising.
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
36.1 None declared.
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 19/00165/FULLS – New Lease Farm, Winchester Road – change of use from agricultural barn to kitchen design a build workshop and showroom – support
- 19/00380/CLES – erection of barn, South West corner of OS Parcel 5652, Furzedown Road – support
- 19/00436/FULLS– Clausentum Danes, Winchester Road – remove rear conservatory and erect garden room – support
- 19/00425/FULLS – Ourn, Up Somborne Lane – two storey side extension and single storey rear extension to form lounge and utility and wc with bedroom and ensuite over – support
- 19/00280/FULLS – The Dutch Barn, off Somborne Park Road – conversion to residential use with alterations to vehicular access and landscaping – support
- Report on Recent Planning Applications
- 18/03347/FULLS – Land east of Muss Lane – erect five 4 bed dwellings with access, parking and landscaping – object. Members supported the comments received from neighbours that to build 5 houses was overdevelopment; the proximity to neighbours impacted on their privacy; access to the site along Muss Lane, which was not all two vehicles wide as stated in the application, was limited and dangerous for pedestrians with no footpath and existing residents’ vehicles parked on road because no off-road parking exists; impact of contractors’ vehicles on this confined space; if approved, roofs should be hipped in line with the village design statement and adjacent properties; fewer houses of varying designs would be more in keeping with this rural location; protection of existing green space and/or improvement vital. Withdrawn.
- 19/00127/FULLS – 3 Austins Cross – demolish single storey rear utility room and construct single storey extension to provide kitchen, replacement fenestration and door; lift roof over first floor bathroom, replace slates and insert 2 roof lights (amended scheme) – support. Permitted.
- 19/00162/TREES – Yew Tree Cottage, Romsey Road – reduce Apple crown by 1m – support. Permitted.
- Clerk’s Report
39.1 18 /02058/FULLS – land adjacent to 5 Riverside Close – serious concerns. TVBC refused. Applicant going to appeal.
- Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 18 March 2019 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm