KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 4 February 2019
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Dack and A Townsend
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Mrs G Foster (Clerk designate)
Public Session: 5 members of the public were present
17.1 Cllr Webb not present.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 21 January 2019
18.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 21 January 2019 had been circulated with the agenda.
18.2 Proposed Cllr Curtis, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 21 January 2019 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
19.1 There were no matters arising.
20 Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 19/00127/FULLS – 3 Austins Cross – demolish single storey rear utility room and construct single storey extension to provide kitchen, replacement fenestration and door; lift roof over first floor bathroom, replace slates and insert 2 roof lights (amended scheme) – support
- 18/01719/FULLS – Grain buildings Forest of Bere estate – change of use of land and buildings from agricultural to light industry amended information – object; councillors supported the concerns raised by members of the public present at the meeting, in particular and as previously stated, the reliance on passing places for vehicles which had been part of the approved plan for Forest Extra but which had never materialised nor has work started as claimed and the proposed locations of the three suggested sites not being in line of sight between them; the inability of the authorities to police access to ensure only approved routes were used and the potential increase in traffic flow in this very rural environment; the unrealistic requirement to forewarn drivers of the recognised access route before their delivery; the faulty basis upon which traffic statistics had been compiled given likely dis-similarity between vehicles using Forest Extra and those using the Bere estate; if approved, the installation of adequate passing places should be mandatory and installed before any building work commenced.
- 19/00162/TREES – Yew Tree Cottage, Romsey Road – reduce Apple crown by 1m – support
- Report on Recent Planning Applications
- 18/02624/FULLS – Compton Manor – erect part 2 storey and part single storey rear extension, roof terrace and remove chimney – support although councillors were disappointed that the original stone balustrade and window designs were not incorporated in to the proposals. Permitted.
- 18/02996/ADVS – advertising display pole for The Barn near junction of A3057 and New Lane – object on the grounds that large rural advertising boards on or near the roadside have no place in a rural community and in any case the design was thought unattractive and too high for that position. Refused due to size and location being inappropriate and visually intrusive.
- 18/03177/FULLS – Hedgerows, Romsey Road – first floor window in south east elevation (retrospective) – support. Permitted
- 23. Clerk’s Report
- 23.1 Nothing to report.
- 24. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 18 February 2019 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
- There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm