KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 4 December 2017
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Lane, Sutton and Webb
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present
131. Minutes of the Meetings held on 6 November 2017
131.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 6 November 2017 had been circulated with the agenda.
131.2 Proposed Cllr Sutton, Seconded Cllr Webb, RESOLVED with Cllrs Curtis and Harwood abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 6 November 2017 be accepted as a true record.
132. Matters Arising
132.1 There were no matters arising.
133. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
133.1 Cllr Harwood declared an interest in F/17/02835/FULLS.
134. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 17/02884/TREES – Yew Tree House, Romsey Road – trim tree to maintain current shape – 7 rings and with cross at top – support.
• F/17/02835/FULLS – 3 Marsh Court Farm – demolish existing single storey rear extension and garage and erect new single storey rear extension – support
• 17/02866/VARS – Manor Farm House, Winchester Road – changes to bridge location, top line of rear wall, inclusion of velux windows, reduction in size and finish of detached double garages – support
• 17/02872/LBWS – White Chapel, Winchester Road – conversion to dwelling and single storey extension (amended scheme). A neighbour had complained that work had continued despite there being no formal approval to hand for the amended design. Previous objections relating to inappropriate design, out of keeping and too large for this known flood risk area remain extant.
• 17/02650/TREES – Recreation ground, Romsey Road – fell one Cherry – support.
• 17/02897/TREES – 18 Riverside Green – reduce horse Chestnut height by 2m – support.
135. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 17/02327/FULLS – 2 Redhill Cottages, Winchester Road – part single storey rear extension and associated alterations – support. Permitted.
• 17/02640/TREES – 11 Nutchers Drove – fell one Cherry, Hawthorn and Elder and Eco plug stump – support. Permitted.
• 17/02701/TREES – Prospect House, Winchester Road – prune Yew to clear chimney and crown raise to 5m – support. Permitted
136. Clerk’s Report
136.1 Members noted the application 17/02335/ FULLS, barn conversions at Upper Eldon Farm, would be determined by the Southern Area Planning Committee on 12 December 2017.
137. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 18 December 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm