KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 3 July 2017
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Lane and Sutton
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: One member of the public was present
74.1 Cllr Curtis.
75. Minutes of the Meetings held on 12 June 2017
75.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 12 June 2017 had been circulated with the agenda.
75.2 Proposed Cllr Lane, Seconded Cllr Sutton, RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 12 June 2017 be accepted as a true record.
76. Matters Arising
76.1 There were no matters arising.
77. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
78. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 17/01344/LBWS – Haywain House, 6 Parsonage Barns, Church Road – replace ground floor doors and windows – support
• 17/01472/FULLS – Village Hall, Romsey Road – side extension to form a pre-school area – support
• 17/01280/FULLS – 16 Muss Lane – rear conservatory – support
79. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 17/01111/FULLS – The Old Parsonage, Steepleton Hill – demolition of existing stable block and erection of single storey detached outbuilding to provide garaging and garden machinery store – support. Permitted.
• 17/01070/TPOS – 2 Kings Acre – reduce height and remove dead wood from Silver Birch and remove two Hazel and replant new species – support. Permitted.
• 17/00569/Trees – Bramleys, Muss Lane – remove twin stem conifer in front and row of a dozen conifers – support. Permitted
• 17/00642/FULLS – Marsh Court – stable conversion and extension of existing mezzanine – support. Permitted.
• 17/00237/FULLS – 2 Redhill Cottages – new vehicular access (retrospective) – support but concern expressed at incorrect information on the application checklist provided by the applicant. Refused on the grounds that the existing access is deemed sufficient in this countryside location and lack of visibility
80. Clerk’s Report
80.1 TVBC had advised that further advice was being sought on the application 17/01068/TREES to fell one Wellingtonia at Winton Cottage in view of differing specialist opinion.
81. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 7 August 2017 at 6.30pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.45pm