KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Monday 24 September 2018
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Dack and Webb
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present
118.1 Cllr Townsend.
119. Minutes of the Meeting held on 3 September 2018
119.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 3 September 2018 had been circulated with the agenda.
119.2 Proposed Cllr Webb, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED with Cllr Dack abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 3 September 2018 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
120.1 There were no matters arising.
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 18/02239/FULLS – 6 Nutchers Drove – loft conversion, insert 6 roof lights, adjust height of front ground floor windows and insert sliding door to rear – support but architect’s drawings did not correspond to proposed development (no solar panels shown, side elevation incorrect and omission of dormer windows in roof, no difference in height of ground floor front windows)
- 18/02397/TREES – Parsonage Farmhouse, Romsey Road – Horse Chestnut reduce limbs to sustainable growth point – support123. Report on Recent Planning Applications
- 18/01735/FULLS – Brook Barn, Brook – demolition and erect kennels and garden store – support. Permitted
- 18/01852/VARS – The Old Barns, Brook Farm, Romsey Road – removal of condition 3 to allow holiday let to be used as residential use – objection on the grounds that a loss of tourist accommodation in this area would have a detrimental effect on the local economy. Permitted.
- 18/01583/FULLS – 40 Eldon Road – single storey front extension to provide additional living space and lobby – objection on the grounds that the proposal was out of keeping with the area, would extend the front building line by 4m and reduce off-road parking. Withdrawn.
- 18/02023/TREES – St Peter & St Paul’s Church – pollard 9 Limes – own application. Permitted.
- 18/02135/FULLS – 1 The Wattles, Winchester Road – new garage doors – support. Permitted.
124. Clerk’s Report
- 124.1 The Clerk would report possible planning breaches at White Chapel, Winchester Road, where a rear concrete wall encroaches into stream and a kitchen fitting advert in New Lane.
125. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 15 October 2018 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
- There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.15pm