KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 2 July 2018
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Brock (ex officio) and Dack
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: Threemembers of the public and Cllr Whitehead were present
76.1 Cllrs Curtis, Townsend and Webb.
- Minutes of the Meetings held on 4 June 2018
77.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 4 June 2018 had been circulated with the agenda but adoption was deferred until the next meeting because of a lack of members present from that meeting.
- Matters Arising
78.1 There were no matters arising.
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 18/01156/FULLS – White Chapel, Winchester Road – re-erection and extension of piers and railings to front, fence at rear boundary and repositioning of free standing air source heat pump – councillors noted the one objection received but on balance decided to support the application.
- HCC/2018/0232 – land at Yew Hill, How Park – restoration of former chalk quarry through importation of inert fill – councillors noted the one objection received but on balance decided to support the application with the caveats that the nature of the inert fill be closely monitored to prevent the importation of invasive plants eg Japanese Knotweed, the hours of operation be limited to well within sunrise to sunset weekdays only to minimise disturbance to adjacent residents en route to the fill and Clarendon Way ramblers, trees within the John O’Gaunt’s Deer Park Pale are protected and a comprehensive traffic management plan is produced and adhered to.
- 18/01167/FULLS – The Laurels, Romsey Road – single storey rear extension – support
- 18/01502/VARS – Walnut Court, Winchester Road – improved vehicle access to detached garage – support81. Report on Recent Planning Applications
- 18/00001/LBWS – Yew Tree Cottage, Romsey Road – take up floor to remove tree roots, repair cracks to house front and internal repairs – support. Permitted.
- 18/00485/VARS – The Old Barns, Brook Farm, Romsey Road – removal of condition 3 to allow holiday let to be used as a dwelling – support with Cllr Curtis abstaining. Refused as an unjustified loss of tourist accommodation
- 18/00547/TREES – 5 Kings Acre – T1 Acacia and T2 Cherry x 3 – fell – support. Permitted.
- 18/00524/LBWS – Stafford Lodge, Winchester Road – reconstruct brick wall in rear garden – support. Permitted.
- 18/00726/FULLS – Hawthorns, Winchester Road – create porch and convert workshop to single garage, replacement doors and windows, changes to roof, rear replacement windows and doorway – support although councillors hoped the replacements would reflect the current design. Permitted.
- 18/00937/LBWS – Marsh Court – insert additional vents to store room – support. Permitted.
- 18/00996/VARS – Walnut Court, Winchester Road – minor changes to access bridge, top line of rear wall, inclusion of velux windows and photo-voltaic roof panels, reduction in size and finish of detached double garage – support . Permitted.
- 18/1097/TREES – 24 Riverside Green – fell one Hawthorn – support. Permitted.
- 18/01213/TREES – Yew in Church Yard – reduce lateral branches to previous pruning points – Parish Council application – support. Permitted.
- 18/01222/TREES – 3 Nutchers Drove – fell one Sycamore – support. Permitted.
- 18/01289/TPOS – 3 Kings Acre – fell one Field Maple – support. Permitted.
- 82. Clerk’s Report
- 82.1 The Clerk forewarned of a probable application to convert the former grain buildings on the south side of Moor Court Lane for use as light industry, office and storage.
- 83. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 23 July 2018 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
- There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.00pm