KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 2 February 2015
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Evans, Lane and Werrett
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
18. Minutes of the Meeting held on 19 January 2015
18.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 19 January 2014 had been circulated with the agenda.
18.2 Proposed Cllr Werrett, Seconded Cllr Lane, RESOLVED with Cllr Curtis abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 19 January 2015 be accepted as a true record.
19. Matters Arising
20. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
20.1 None sought or declared.
21. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 15/00093/FULLS – Ashley Lodge, Old Palace Farm – side porch to form link to existing garage and part conversion of garage to provide utility/studio – support
• 15/00120/TREES – 2 Crown Cottages – fell one Cherry tree – support
22. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 14/02584/TREES – Chalk Stream, Winchester Road – remove one Ash – support. Permitted.
• 14/02703/TREES – 1 Riverside Green – prune Yew and reduce crown – support. Permitted.
• 14/02815/TREES – St Peter & St Paul’s Church, Romsey Road – crown lift one Yew – support. Permitted.
• 14/02685/FULLS – Maisemore Cottage, Up Somborne – oak outbuildings to provide shed and sun room to replace sectional concrete garage – support. Permitted.
• 14/02984/TREES – The Old Vicarage, Old Vicarage Lane – crown lift Yew to 5m above ground level and remove deadwood from Ash – support. Permitted.
23. Clerk’s Report
23.1 Application 15/00021/PDMBS – change of use of an agricultural building to dwelling house – had been received by local residents but not the Parish Council. The Clerk reported he was aware of 5 objections to the application and as the deadline for reply had now passed Councillors thought it prudent to determine their comments at this time. With one objection, the majority view was to express concern based on the lack of information, no bat survey, proposed vehicle access over a recognised footpath and the incomplete map supporting the application.
24. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 16 February 2015 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm