KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Monday 18 December 2017
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Lane, Sutton and Webb
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: One member of the public was present
138.1 Cllr Curtis.
139. Minutes of the Meetings held on 4 December 2017
139.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 4 December 2017 had been circulated with the agenda.
139.2 Proposed Cllr Sutton, Seconded Cllr Webb, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 4 December 2017 be accepted as a true record.
140. Matters Arising
140.1 There were no matters arising.
141. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
142. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 17/03021/FULLS – land to north of Riverside Green – erect detached 3 bed house with detached garage (amended scheme) – as before support for house design but concern at limited access and impact on near neighbours
• 17/02924/FULLS – Briar Cottage, Winchester Road – erect detached triple garage and wood store – support
• 17/02727/FULLS – 1 Triangle Cottages – erection of detached garage and storeroom – support
143. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 17/01280/FULLS – 16 Muss Lane – rear conservatory – support. Permitted.
• 17/02326/LBWS – 2 Redhill Cottages, Winchester Road – alterations to fireplace – support. Permitted.
• 17/02335/FULLS – Upper Eldon Farm, Eldon Road – barn conversion H1 to residential – concern expressed at the impact on the public footpath and the need exists to restrict construction traffic approaching from King’s Somborne to outside school travel times. One member voting against. Permitted.
• 17/02336/FULLS – Upper Eldon Farm, Eldon Road – two barn conversions H2 and H3 to residential – concern expressed at the impact on the public footpath and the need exists to restrict construction traffic approaching from King’s Somborne to outside school travel times. One member voting against. Permitted.
• 17/02575/FULLS – The Herra, Furzedown Road – side extension to form dining room with balcony over – support. Withdrawn.
• 17/02413/LBWS – Stafford Lodge, Winchester Road – replace window on side elevation with door, replace windows to modern rear wing, internal alterations – support. Permitted.
• 17/02884/TREES – Yew Tree House, Romsey Road – trim tree to maintain current shape -7 rings and a cross at top – support. Permitted.
• 1717/02815/TREES – Walnut Cottage (land to North of Riverside Green – application to fell 3 Hawthorne not received by KSPC but permitted by TVBC.
• 17/02650/TREES – Recreation ground, Romsey Road – fell one Cherry – support. Permitted.
144. Clerk’s Report
144.1 The Clerk reported that the Planning Committee had met 20 times during the year and commented on 74 applications.
144.2 He was also pleased to report that Mr Oliver Godfrey had volunteered to become the new Tree Warden for the Parish.
145. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 8 January 2018 at 6.30pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.15pm and wished Members a Very Happy Christmas