KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Monday 16 March 2015
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Evans and Lane
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
41.1 Cllr Werrett.
42. Minutes of the Meeting held on 2 March 2015
42.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 2 March 2015 had been circulated with the agenda.
42.2 Proposed Cllr Lane, Seconded Cllr Evans, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 2 March 2015 be accepted as a true record.
43. Matters Arising
44. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
44.1 None sought or declared.
45. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 15/00501/CLPS – Brookvale and Oaktree House, Muss Lane – replace fence and remove hedgerow – support
46. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 15/00093/FULLS – Ashley Lodge, Old Palace Farm – side porch to form link to existing garage and part conversion of garage to provide utility/studio- support. Permitted
• 15/00021/PDMBS – Cowstall, John O’Gaunt Farm, Horsebridge Road, Horsebridge – change of use of an agricultural building to dwelling house – had been received by local residents but not the Parish Council. The Clerk reported he was aware of 5 objections to the application and as the deadline for reply had now passed Councillors thought it prudent to determine their comments at this time. With one objection, the majority view was to express concern based on the lack of information, no bat survey, proposed vehicle access over a recognised footpath and the incomplete map supporting the application. Refused as proposed flue extended beyond existing building line, proposed raised terrace is building work outside permitted development, inadequate information provided on access and proposed development considered undesirable in isolated countryside location.
• 15/00246/TPOS – 3 King’s Acre – fell one Silver Birch – support. Refused as the tree predates the building and felling considered excessive and detrimental to local amenities
47. Clerk’s Report
47.1 It was subsequently not considered necessary to write to the Appeals Inspectorate as an Inspector visited the Forest Extra site on 10 March 2015 and his report is now awaited.
48. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 13 April 2015 at 6.30pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.15pm