KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Monday 15 October 2018
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Dack. Townsend and Webb
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 24 September 2018
127.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 24 September 2018 had been circulated with the agenda.
127.2 Proposed Cllr Curtis, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED with Cllr Townsend abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 24 September 2018 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
128.1 There were no matters arising.
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 18/02335/CLPS – Oakfields, Furzedown Road – certificate of proposed lawful development for an extension to form an orangery – support
- 18/02519/TREES – New Vicarage, Romsey Road – crown reduce Indian Bean and remove part of hedgerow – support
- 18/02489/TREES – Oakleigh, Muss Lane – crown lift 2 Ash and remove one Plum – support
- 18/02390/FULLS – 19 Nutchers Drove – heat pump installation – support
- 18/02573/TREES – Butchers End, Winchester Road – pollard Willow – support
- 18/02624/FULLS – Compton Manor – erect part 2 storey and part single storey rear extension, roof terrace and remove chimney – support although councillors were disappointed that the original stone balustrade and window designs were not incorporated in to the proposals
- 131. Report on Recent Planning Applications
- 18/02058/FULLS – land adjacent to 5 Riverside Green – erect 2 bed dwelling – as before serious concerns were expressed by local residents and endorsed by committee members. Queries remained on the question of land ownership and the covenant, protection of trees and their roots, the restricted access and turning points adjacent to the plot. One committee member objected to the plan on the grounds of over development of this particular area of land and the other 3 wished their serious concerns to be recorded. Refused on the grounds that the proposed development would be overbearing, its size and proximity would adversely affect the neighbours and there was insufficient garden size.
- 18/02206 and 02207/TREES – Brookvale, Muss Lane – fell one Weeping willow and pollard 4 others – support. Permitted.
- 18/02163/TREES – 1 New Cottages, Furzedown Road – crown lift Acer, remove deadwood from Cherry, crown lift Larch and fell one Acer – support. Permitted.
- 18/02397/TREES – Parsonage Farmhouse, Romsey Road – Horse Chestnut reduce limbs to sustainable growth point – support. Permitted.
- 18/02132/TREES – Yew Trees, Up Somborne Lane – cutback sides by 30cms – support. Permitted.
- 18/02107/TREES – 24 Nutchers Drove – fell one Plum – support. Permitted.
- 18/02143/TREES – Fairlee, Winchester Road – crown reduction on Apple trees – support. Permitted.
- 132. Clerk’s Report
- 132.1 Nothing to report.
- 133. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 5 November 2018 at 6.30pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
- There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.20pm