KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 13 April 2015
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Evans, Lane and Werrett
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
50. Minutes of the Meeting held on 16 March 2015
50.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 16 March 2015 had been circulated with the agenda.
50.2 Proposed Cllr Harwood, Seconded Cllr Evans, RESOLVED with Cllr Werrett abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 16 March 2015 be accepted as a true record.
51. Matters Arising
52. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
52.1 None sought or declared.
53. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 15/00649/FULLS – The Old Exchange, Romsey Road – detached oak framed open double garage and garden store with room over – support
• 15/00710/TPOS – The Old Vicarage, Old Vicarage Lane – Horse Chestnut and Sycamore – clear deadwood and crown clean – support
• 15/00708/TREES – The Old Vicarage, Old Vicarage Lane – remove one Sycamore, crown lift four mature Yew – support
• 15/00681/TREES – Hollybrook, Winchester Road – fell double trunked Sycamore to front elevation of property – support
54. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 14/02928/FULLS – land and vineyard adjacent to Garlick Lane, Hoplands, King’s Somborne – erection of agricultural building and viticulture store – object on the grounds that the proposed design appears to be industrial and would be visually intrusive in this rural area. Permitted and not going to appeal as reported previously at para 39.1.
• 15/00206/FULLS – Swallow Fields, Old Palace Farm – replace single first floor window with two dormer windows and new French doors and windows on ground floor – support. Permitted.
• 15/00244/FULLS – Maple Rise, Palace Close – extension at roof level to create 2 new bedrooms, landing and bathroom with balcony and new window; new attached workshop at rear; new window to front elevation – concern at proposed height and proximity to neighbour. Refused on the grounds that inadequate information provided and proposed windows overlooked neighbours
• 15/00125/FULLS – Green Acres, Palace Close – front porch extension, 2 storey rear extension and roof alterations – support. Permitted
• 15/00390/TREES – 6 Nutchers Drove – fell one Sycamore – support. Application withdrawn.
55. Clerk’s Report
55.1 Members noted that the Inspector’s report on the appeal by Forest Extra had been received but because of a lack of completed correct information a formal decision remained outstanding.
56. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 27 April 2015 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.40pm