KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Village Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 8 September 2014
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Evans and Lane
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
75.1 Cllr Werrett.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 4 August 2014
76.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 4 August 2014 had been circulated with the agenda.
76.2 Proposed Cllr Harwood, Seconded Cllr Lane, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 4 August 2014 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
78.1 None sought or declared.
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 14/01813/TREES – Woodmans Cottage, Winchester Road – fell one Cupressus tree – support
- 14/01771/FULLS – Brook Farm House – repairs to cob wall, rendering with lime and replace tiled roof – support
- 14/01962/TPOS – Field View, Romsey Road – crown clean Birch – support
- Report on Recent Planning Applications
- 14/01450/FULLS – Fir Tree Cottage, Winchester Road – retention of widened vehicular access and repositioned gate posts – support but Members noted the work had already been completed which begged the question on the need to consult.
- 14/01444/FULLS – 2 Redhill Cottages, Winchester Road – erect one 3 bed dwelling – object on the grounds of poor access along a well-used bridleway and dirt track, poor exit onto main road, serious flood risk despite inclusion of a soakaway which would likely aggravate the flood risk lower down the incline, too close to neighbours, and lack of suitable parking for 4 cars. Refused on the grounds of being overbearing on adjacent neighbouring buildings and out of keeping with the conservation area.
- 14/01369/FULLS – Yew Tree Cottage, Up Somborne – rear extension to extend sitting room – support.
- Clerk’s Report
81.1 The application for a Certificate of Proposed Lawful Development for the MUGA on the King’s Somborne recreation ground had been granted.
81.2 Lightsource, the company proposing to install a solar panel farm on land at Little Somborne had postponed any further action pending further technical assessments.
- Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 22 September 2014 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.45pm