Planning Committee minutes 3 Sep 2012
KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 6.30pm on Monday 3 September 2012
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Fahy, Harrison and Lane
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
80.1 Cllrs Curtis and Herbert.
81. Minutes of the meeting held on 6 August 2012
81.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 16 July 2012 had been circulated with the agenda papers.
81.2 Insufficient members from the last meeting were present to confirm the minutes be accepted as a true record.
82. Matters Arising
82.1 There were no matters arising.
83. Declarations of Interests
83.1 None declared.
84. Consideration of Planning Applications
* 12/01545/LBWS – Goosehill, Stockbridge Road – replace windows to west elevation – no objection
* 12/01700/TREES – Rekero, 3 The Old Foundry – remove two stumps – no objection
* 12/00983/FULLS – Slate Cottage, Up Somborne – double garage with room above – some public concern at the proposed height of the building but no objection
* 12/01746/CLPS – Forest Extra, Up Somborne – certificate of lawful proposed development for B2 industrial use – unable to comment
* 12/01765/FULLS – Forest Extra, Up Somborne – retrospective application for material change of use to Class 1 offices, Class B2 industrial and Class B8 storage and distribution uses (mixed use) – objection as on previously stated grounds
85. Report on Recent Planning Applications
85.1 The Clerk reported the following decisions made by Test Valley Borough Council:
* 12/00414/FULLS – Rekero, 3 Old Iron Foundry – demolish existing garage and erect two storey side extension, front porch and detached replacement garage – no comment. Application amended by 12/01158/FULLS
* 12/00577/TREES – The Old Vicarage – Old Vicarage Lane – fell one Sycamore and one Lawson Cypress – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00585/TREES – Forge Cottage, 1 Forge Close – fell one Conifer and reshape three others by up to one metre – no objection. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00473/VARS – Clausentum Danes, Winchester Road – variation to enable use of annex as single residential dwelling – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00904/TPOS – 3 Camp Field – fell one Lime – no objection. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00932/FULLS – 1 Old Palace Farm – remove existing roof structure and provide new first floor accommodation and rebuild ground floor utility – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00754/FULLS – The Old Barns, Brook Farm, Romsey Road – change of use of barns and outbuildings to form residential house and one 3 bed self-catering holiday let, relocation of oil tank to within property – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00974/FULLS – Acorn Lodge, Romsey Road – porch canopy – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/01153/FULLS – Mount Pleasant House, Cow Drove Hill – retrospective application for combined garden shed and covered area – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/01171 LBWS – Marsh Court, Stockbridge – repair of garden structures – support. TVBC refused on the grounds that insufficient information had been provided to ensure endangered species protected
* 12/01219/FULLS & LBWS – Maisemore Cottage, Up Somborne – extend existing flat roofed extension and link to additional single storey kitchen extension. Demolish existing garage – support. Application withdrawn.
* 12/01182/TREES – Dove Cottage, Muss Lane – fell three Conifers – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/01158/ FULLS (amended scheme) – Rekero, 3 The Old Iron Foundry – detached replacement garage – support. TVBC permitted.
* 12/01282/FULLS – Marsh Court – reinstatement of lost gate and decorative elements – support. TVBC permitted.
86. Clerk’s Report
86.1 The Clerk reported on a scheme in Stockbridge to install a solar photo voltaic array near Stockbridge Down SSSI and Green Palace (Grade 11 listed) and Spring Cottage and that Stockbridge Parish Council, whilst supporting renewable energy initiatives, had not supported this particular application.
86.2 Councillors noted that Cllr Fahy had withdrawn from the planning training to be held by HALC on 11 September 2012 and that Cllr Lane would attend in lieu.
87. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 17 September 2012 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 6.50pm