KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Monday 19 October 2015
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Evans and Lane
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
130.1 Cllr Sutton.
131. Minutes of the Meeting held on 5 October 2015
131.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 5 October 2015 had been circulated with the agenda.
131.2 Proposed Cllr Harwood, Seconded Cllr Lane, RESOLVED with Cllr Curtis abstaining (absent) that the minutes of the meeting held on 5 October 2015 be accepted as a true record.
132. Matters Arising
132.1 There were no matters arising.
133. Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
133.1 None declared or sought.
134. Consideration of Planning Applications
• 15/02280/LBWS – Horsebridge Mill, Horsebridge Road – remove vinyl asbestos floor tiles and hardboard from top of mill building historic floor boards on second floor, replace with new hardboard on top of historic floor board and cover with vinyl floor covering – support
• 15/02403/FULLS – Carn Brae, Furzedown Road – replacement dwelling and one new dwelling with garage and parking and installation of septic tank (resubmission of 15/00941/FULLS) – previous objection upheld on the grounds of overdevelopment in a limited space with restricted driveway space
• 15/02330/FULLS – Garden Lodge, Winchester Road – side extension including garage and utility – support
• 15/02415/FULLS – 3 Horsebridge Road – side porch and single storey rear extension including sub floor storage area – support but means of access not clear
135. Report on Recent Planning Applications
• 15/02161/TREES – 6 Nutchers Drove – fell one Hawthorne – support. Permitted.
136. Clerk’s Report
136.1 The Gladman Developments application to build at the top end of Eldon Road had been rejected by the refused by the TVBC Southern Area Planning Committee SAPC). At the meeting, Cllr Brock had presented the Parish Council’s views to the Committee and reasons why the application lacked Council’s support. Those present were pleased to note that the SAPC was of the opinion that firm grounds for rejection existed. There was general agreement that the Gladman consultation had been limited in its scope and only targeted at those dwellings adjacent and that the information on the probable increase in traffic volume was questionable given the time of day the survey had been undertaken. The Chairman had written to the protest group recommending they undertook their own traffic census at different times of day to supplement any further action that might be taken on the application.
137. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 2 November 2015 at 6.30pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.20pm