Planning Committee minutes 14 May 2012
KING’S SOMBORNE PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Monday 14 May 2012
Present: Cllr Pearson (Chairman), Cllrs Fahy, Harwood, Herbert and Cllr Werrett
In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
49. Minutes of the meeting held on 16 April 2012
49.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 16 April 2012 had been circulated with the agenda papers.
49.2 Proposed Cllr Pearson, Seconded Cllr Harwood, RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 16 April 2012 be accepted as a true record.
50. Matters Arising
50.1 There were no matters arising.
51. Declarations of Interests
51.1 Cllr Pearson declared a personal interest in application 12/00947/FULLS – Lime Cottage – as he had written to TVBC in a private capacity.
52. Consideration of Planning Applications
* 12/00904/TPOS – 3 Camp Field – fell one Lime – support
* 12/00932/FULLS – 1 Old Palace Farm – remove existing roof structure and provide new first floor accommodation and rebuild ground floor utility – support
* 12/00947/FULLS – Lime Cottage, Marsh Court – demolition existing dwelling and replace and install package treatment plant – no objection but concern expressed at the lack of detail in the application regarding the cladding style and window design.
* 12/00754/FULLS – The Old Barns, Brook Farm, Romsey Road – change of use of barns and outbuildings to form residential house and one 3 bed self-catering holiday let, relocation of oil tank to within property – support
* 12/00974/FULLS – Acorn Lodge, Romsey Road – porch canopy – support
* 12/00980/TREES – Garden Lodge, Winchester Road – crown lift one Norway Maple – support
* 12/00773/TREES – Wisteria House, Romsey Road – crown raise one Spruce – support
53. Report on Recent Planning Applications
53.1 The Clerk reported the following decisions made by Test Valley Borough Council:
* 12/00414/FULLS – 3 Old Iron Foundry – demolish existing garage and erect two storey side extension, front porch and detached replacement garage. No comment. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00773/TREES – Wisteria House, Romsey Road – crown raise one Spruce – no objection. TVBC permitted.
* 12/00577/TREES – The Old Vicarage – Old Vicarage Lane – fell one Sycamore and one Lawson Cypress. Support. TVBC permitted
* 12/00585/TREES – Forge Cottage, 1 Forge Close – fell one Conifer and reshape three others by up to one metre. No objection. TVBC permitted.
54. Clerk’s Report
54.1 TVBC enforcement had written confirming they were considering further action in view of the decision not to issue a certificate of lawful use for Forest Extra in Up Somborne; they would keep us informed.
54.2 The times of the seminar for non-planners had been changed at the last moment making it impossible for the four nominated planning committee members to attend and the Clerk would convey their disappointment to HALC.
55. Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 28 May 2012 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.20pm