Kings Somborne Parish Council
Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting
11 May 2016 at The Epworth Hall, Kings Somborne, 7.00pm
Present: Graham Searle (GS); Peter Nickless (PN); Ryan Sutton (RS); Katie Hughes (KH); Judith Evans (Minutes); Robbie Lane (RL), Claire Thompson
Also Present: Peter Storey (PS) (Clerk)
Apologies: Andrew Brock (AB), Fiona Dunger (FD), Tony Ward (AJW)
Copies: Website; OneDrive; KS Parish Councillors; Graham Smith, TVBC (GS TVBC); Simon Whitehead (SW)
In the absence of the Chairman, PS and JE welcomed all to the meeting. The team all wished AB well and hoped he would be home soon.
These were proposed by RS, seconded by KH and agreed by all
|Matters arising from previous Minutes
Team members confirmed that presentations on the NDP questionnaire had been made to the following groups:
Bellringers (3 attendees)
KSWMC Committee (15) and additional 30 at the open morning
Somborne Society (50)
Football Association (15)
Tiny Tots, Parent and Toddler and Pre-school groups (50)
In addition GS confirmed he had seen the head teacher at the school.
|4.||Declarations of Interest
|Comments: Moles Consultancy Communication
We noted the proposed timeline, however team members felt we may be further along it than the consultant perceived.
It was agreed to provide the Consultant with a link to the Communications strategy, once it had been updated with landowner information.
The potential to carry out a Place Check exercise was discussed. It was agreed that it could be a useful exercise for the first workshops to carry out.
The team discussed their general findings but agreed no further discussion was relevant until all the questionnaires had been input. The remaining questionnaires were distributed for input and all were asked to complete by the 15TH May 2016.
RS to send a link to the Survey Monkey Results once all questionnaires had been input.
The team discussed locations – it was felt that workshops should be held at both KSWMC and the Village Hall, and at different times in the week so that people could attend. The dates for Half Term were noted and it was felt that many people would be away at that time.
Ideas were discussed for the structure of the workshop and it was agreed an overview of questionnaire results should start the workshop. It was suggested that facilitators from TVBC could be invited to help and that the Place Check exercise could be used to get attendees thinking about what they would like to see. Potential Facilitators to attend SG meeting prior
It was also felt that all the comments should be summarised for consideration.
There was a long discussion as to what TVBC might expect the numbers of homes to be built in KS in line with the projected demographic profile. AB to discuss with TVBC to try to reach a definite number of homes.
PS to confirm possible dates and times with KSWMC and Village Hall asap
The communication plan for workshop attendance was discussed and the following proposed
Mailshot to all 711 dwellings
E-mail to all contacts plus the additional 90 gained from questionnaires
Poster on all noticeboards
Cascade through the village groups and organisations
It was suggested that AJW be asked ref. Facilitators used for last big village workshop.
Wednesday 25th May 2016, 7.00pm at The Epworth Hall