Kings Somborne Parish Council
Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group Meeting
10 February 2016 at the Crown Inn, Kings Somborne, 7.00pm
Present: Andrew Brock (AB) (Chairman), Ryan Sutton (RS), Graham Searle (GS), Peter Nickless (PN); Robbie Lane (RL); John Pybus (JP)
Also Present: Tony Ward (AW); Peter Storey (PS) (Clerk/minutes)
Apologies: Judith Evans, Katie Hughes, Fiona Dunger; Simon Whitehead not present
Copies: Website; OneDrive; Graham Smith TVBC
|Previous Minutes – all agreed.
|Matters arising from previous Minutes
AB has asked TVBC for a list of the developments in the Parish since 2000.
AB confirmed ToRs had been issued and were available on OneDrive and PC website.
Preparation of questionnaire in hand.
|Comms plan and mailing lists
Following concerns expressed by some SoKS members, AB and RS had met with them to explain the need to work together and not separately and to exchange information more readily to avoid alienating members of the community. Meeting was deemed successful with goodwill by all.
Any comments by SG members on SoKS matters should be made to Nigel Wolstenholme via AB. Comments on the NDP should be referred to AB and ultimately Cllr Richard Harwood, Chairman of the Parish Council for resolution.
Need to remember that all involved were volunteers; constructive comment more than welcome.
Comms update out to all on mailing list this week then monthly thereafter unless an urgent notification arose.
PS would paraphrase communications for inclusion in The Gauntlet.
PS would acquire a street map showing properties in KS to enable a fair distribution of house to house calling between volunteer distributors.
It was suggested that an A3 poster outside Cross Stores would add to the means by which local people acquired information on progress made.
RS confirmed local press interest as we were one of the first in TVBC’s area to draft an NDP. He would keep the press up to speed.
RS had drafted an e-mail text which the SG approved to be distributed before the end of the week
RS asked that e-mail addresses of those wishing to receive updates but who were not yet registered with him to be forwarded to him.
It was decided that the questionnaire would go to all persons on the electoral roll to enable individual responses and that it would be a tick box exercise to minimise the need to analysis narrative comments.
PS to provide numbers of residents in houses and by post code to aid analysis.
TVBC to be asked to provide a parish profile/mosaic information.
The timescale for the NDP remained as originally published in that the first quarterly update public meeting would be at the end of March, 1st draft of plan for end of June, finalised version to TVBC in September and referendum in December – all 2016
|Group leaders’ updates
PN (Facilities and infrastructure). Fragmented start but now coming together. Will put together the housing element of the questionnaire.
JP (standing in for FD)(Environment and Landscape). Recommended an explanation of affordable housing be included in the questionnaire and inclusion of questions on location and need for open/green spaces, in particular, and need to identify the key views from vantage points around the Village. It was thought that an Environmental/Landscape and Habitat Plan would enhance the NDP’s value. AB to check how this would be managed/funded with TVBC.
AW to provide the environment and landscape information amassed for the Parish Plan and forward to FD.
GS (Building design and Need). Slow start by group as a number of queries raised by members including was the group mix ideal for the task. GS thought more consultation would be beneficial before the questionnaire was raised and that the time frame was too short. However, many of the queries raised were explained satisfactorily during subsequent discussion.
AW to provide data behind the 2005 Parish Plan and its update in 2011 and also information collected at the public events he attended such as the Horticultural Shows.
It was suggested that a Saturday morning workshop/drop in might be beneficial for all group members but it was subsequently decided to defer this to the next meeting when the draft questionnaire should be available.
AW to provide a contact at Aster Housing who might hold information on design and need and what might be on any wish list.
AB to check with TVBC if a Condition Statement was required as mentioned in some Government advice which GS had accessed.
GS thought it would be useful for him to meet with GS (TVBC) to get some questions answered but it was agreed that the existing process of a list of questions not already answered during the evening to be provided to GS(TVBC) as it was a more efficient process to get questions addressed by a larger audience with TVBC. AB would however discuss with GS(TVBC).
RS to identify 2 or more additional members for GS’s Group.
|Questionnaire status and next steps
AW confirmed it was TVBC’s intention to hold a seminar in early March for councillors from around the Borough to brief them on NDPs.
In answer to concerns raised about the need for and inclusion of policies in the NDP, AB confirmed that the base line data collected would determine, for the most part, the policies which would be needed to be created and which, in each case, would have to accord with those in the TVBC approved Local Plan (and relevant legislation)
All noted that TVBC had coined the phrase ‘Pathfinder’ to describe KS and its NDP in lieu of ‘pilot’.
All noted the settlement boundary was not set in stone
|Appointment of Vice-Chairman of SG
Deferred to next meeting.
|Issues that need resolving
None not already dealt with
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 7.00pm at The Crown