Minutes of a Meeting of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Wednesday 12 April 2017

Present: Cllr A Brock (Chairman)
Mrs F Dunger
Cllr K Hughes
Cllr R Lane
Mr P Nickless
Mr G Searle
Cllr R Sutton

In attendance: Mr P J Storey (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)

Public Session: Ms C Thomson and Mrs S Byram were also present.

Some discussion took place on flood mitigating factors and Ms Thomson would look to include reference to the need in her group’s draft.
Action: Ms Thomson

1. Chairman’s welcome and announcements

1.1 The Chairman welcomed those present.

2. Apologies

2.1 Mrs F Dunger.

3. Previous meeting notes

3.1 Minutes of the previous meeting held on 22 March 2017 were accepted as a true record.

4. Matters arising

4.1 Para 4.2 The Housing Group had completed its review and options for Brown field, infill and infilling sites.

4.2 Para 6.2 More photographs were required to support the written word.
Action: All

4.3 An independent builder had reviewed the Design Guidance, only comment being it would be beneficial to users if it was divided into two parts. Cllr Brock to consider. He would also review the Poundbury plans for more ideas.
Action: Cllr Brock

5. Declarations of Interest

5.1 None declared.

6. Housing Needs survey review

6.1 The Review had finally been received with mixed reaction. Following actions to be completed before the next meeting –

Clerk – to confirm number of properties on the electoral roll and with TVBC finance for council tax demand recipients.

Mr Searle to draft a response to the Review.

Cllr Brock to query with TVBC the current housing needs figure quoted in recent exchanges and the risk of multiple counting of family members with relatives in different villages.

All to review and comment on Mr Nickless’ group draft

Cllr Brock to speak with Jane Windebank re who sent data to HCC for the Review and what was in it.

Cllr Brock to confirm how rural exception sites were developed to meet social housing needs.

7. NDP drafting progress

7.1 In hand.

8. Any other business

8.1 Mr G Searle was elected as Vice-Chairman of the Steering Group .

9. Date, time and place of next meeting – Wednesday 3 May 2017 at 7.00pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.10pm