Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee
held in the Epworth Hall at 7.00pm on Monday 17 June 2019
Present: Cllr Harwood (Chairman), Cllrs Curtis, Wales and Webb
In attendance: Mrs G Foster (Clerk to King’s Somborne Parish Council)
Public Session: No members of the public were present.
73.1 Councillor Dack had sent her apologies.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on 03 June 2019
74.1 The minutes of the meeting held on 03 June 2019 had been circulated with the agenda.
74.2 Proposed Cllr Harwood, Seconded Cllr Curtis, RESOLVED unanimously that the minutes of the meeting held on 03 June 2019 be accepted as a true record.
- Matters Arising
75.1 None reported.
- Declarations of Interests and Requests for Dispensations
76.1 None declared.
- To consider a proposal for a Tree Application review
77.1 Councillor Wales explained that he had written a draft procedure for a Tree Warden. Several points were discussed and it was as RESOLVED unanimously that the draft should be checked with Amelia Williams the Arboricultural Officer at TVBC. Upon her approval of the wording, the draft would be circulated for consideration.
- Consideration of Planning Applications
- 19/01453/TREES | T1 Cherry – Fell to ground | 8 Nutchers Drove – Objection due to missing information on the application form.
- 19/01427/VARS | Variation of condition 10 of 18/02874/FULLS (Erection of Community Building/Pre-school) – No comment due to the Parish Council being the applicant.
- 19/01387/FULLS – Two storey side extension – 42 Scott Close – Support.
- Report on Recent Planning Application decisions by TVBC
- 19/00733/FULLS – Erection of three bay detached garage – Briar Cottage Winchester Road – permission.
- 19/01240/TREES – T1 Beech – 9 Winchester Road – no objection.
- 19/00980/FULLS – Removal of a chimney | Compton Manor – permission
- Clerk’s and Councillors’ Report
81.1 Cllr Harwood had attended a meeting to discuss the Chalk Vale passing places on 13th June along with Cllr Brock, HCC Cllr Gibson, Astrid Lynn (Planning Officer at TVBC), John Thorpe, (Scheme Engineer), Cllr Andrew Gibson (HCC) and Alfred Nortey (Transport Planning Engineer, HCC) and several members of the public. The meeting had taken place at the proposed siting of the passing places. All parties had agreed the original plans were not appropriate. The number of passing places would be reduced from 3 to 2 but would include space on either side of the road (widening) rather than a passing place on only one side. This solution would discourage overnight parking and be substantially cheaper. Additionally it would potentially allow for remedial work to be carried out on the roads in the immediate area due to the reduced cost.
81.2 It was noted that the APPLICATION NO: 18/01719/FULLS for: Change of use of land and buildings from sui generis (agricultural buildings) to B1 (light industry and offices) and B8 (storage). SITE: Grain Buildings, Forest Of Bere Estate, Moor Court Lane would be discussed at the next Southern Area Planning Committee. Cllrs were reminded of this would take place on 25 June 2019 at 5.30pm at the Crosfield Hall, Broadwater Road, Romsey
- Date, time and place of next meeting – Monday 1 July 2019 at 6.30pm in the Epworth Hall, Winchester Road, King’s Somborne
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 7.40pm