CO-OPTED COUNCILLOR PERSON SPECIFICATION
· Sound knowledge and understanding of local affairs and the local community.
· Forward thinking
· Can bring a new skill, expertise or key local knowledge to the Council.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Ability
· Ability to listen constructively and with an open mind
· A good team player
· Ability to pick up and run with a variety of projects
· Solid interest in local matters
· Ability and willingness to represent the Council and their community in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
· Good interpersonal skills and able to contribute opinions at meetings whilst willing to see others views and accept majority decisions.
· Ability to communicate succinctly and clearly.
· Ability and willingness to work closely with other members and to maintain good working relationships with all members and staff.
· Ability and willingness to work with the Council’s partners (e.g. voluntary groups, other Community Councils, principal authority, charities).
· Ability and willingness to undertake induction training and other relevant training.
· Experience of working or being a member in a local authority or other public body
· Experience of working with voluntary and or local community / interest groups
· Basic knowledge of legal issues relating to town and Community Councils or local authorities
· Experience of delivering presentations
· Ability and willingness to attend meetings of the Council (or meetings of other local authorities and local bodies) at any time and events in the evening and at weekends.
Paper application forms are available from our Clerk.