Our commitment and approach to maintaining an accessible website
Kings Somborne Parish Council is committed to:
- maintaining an accessible website. We state our commitment to this here.
- ensuring that this website achieves “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, to comply with the National Disability Authority’s Code of Practice on Accessibility of Public Services and Information Provided by Public Bodies. (The National Disability Authority’s Centre for Excellence in Universal Design has an introduction to policy and legislation relevant to Universal Design in Ireland.)
- ensuring that all new information on the website will achieve “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- including accessibility options when we procure 3rd-party systems or upgrades to existing systems.
This website’s conformance with official accessibility guidelines
The website currently has “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Our most recent web accessibility audit for this website was on 24th January 2019.
How to send feedback on this website’s accessibility
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of this website.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Phone us on 01264 782490
- Write to us at Kingman’s Cottage, Heathman Street, Nether Wallop SO20 8EW.
Accessibility features of this website
You are able to resize the text on the screen using Microsoft or Apple tools
You can use text to speech tools if required
We conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 guidelines when writing new code https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/